presents Kung Fu Masters: River of Ghosts: Living Campaign Edition
A derivative of Ben’s game:
* You are always playing. KFM:LCE.
* Where normally you must spend “10 years training to defeat them” if you back down from a fight, this time is reduced to the purposely vague term of: “four seasons” of IRL time. Once this time has passed, either party may engage the other at any time.
* The first time you are killed, pick one relationship: student, spouse, child, parent. You are now portraying someone with this relationship to your deceased character who is out for revenge or answers. If this secondary character, is killed, you may select a different relationship from this list. Once you have used up all relationships on this list, you may only portray the ghost of your original character.
* If a living character engages a ghost, they immediately suffer an honorable or dishonorable loss, at the discretion of the ghost.
* If a ghost engages a ghost, they both immediately suffer a dishonorable loss.
* After 10 years, you may add an additional “child” to the list of relationships. In this way, a player who was removed from play may again challenge other characters.
hourlygameday presents Ex Augmentae, a game of self-improvement.
You start at Power Level 0; your power level can never go below zero. Your goal is to get as high a power lvel as possible. Each day, you must choose one of the following:
* Do Nothing: You lose half your Power Level at the end of the day.
* Improve: Take an action to improve yourself. (Eat something healthy, work out, read a book.) Gain +1 power level, with an additional +1 bonus for each consecutive day that you’ve chosen Improve.
* Sidestep: Take a self-destructive action of your choosing. (Eat something fried, start smoking, drinking during the day.) Gain +1 power level, with an additional +1 bonus for each consecutive day that you’ve chosen Sidestep. However, you can only choose this option if your side-step action is worse — more destructive — than the previous day’s action.
* Demand: Find another player with a lower power rating than yourself. Give them the command: Improve or Sidestep. If they take this action, both you and the other player double your power levels. If they do not take this action, you both lose half your power level.
as you gain enough power level, cool things will happen, like achievements but different